Saturday, June 22, 2013

The big Texan

Well we made it to Amarillo and again shut her down about 4:30. Stayed in a KOA again. These people are the friendliest people we've met so far. I started hereing something else flapping on the outside front of the m/h 50-60 miles out and discovered the left head light cover had lost 2 of its screws.  When we pulled in to this KOA we were greeted by the nicest guy. I asked him where the nearest hardware store was and he asked me what I needed.  I showed him the loose headlight cover and said he fix it for me. Than we asked about a good place to eat and he suggested The Big Texan. He told us they had a shuttle service that would pick us up at our sight.  We didn't try to eat the 72 oz steak but saw 4guys try to put it away.  Try is all they did.
About 30 miles from Amarillo the fuel gage quit working so from here on to Mesa I've really go to watch the mileage so we don't get stranded. Well it about time I wake Shirley up so we can get on the road. Until next time, talk to ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment